I found this recipe via Angel of the Spice Suite. It was beyond delicious!
Here’s what you will need:
-1 to 1.5 lbs of cubed salmon, filet and skinned
-2 medium sized eggs
-3 Tbsp of Jamaican Jerk Aioli
-2 generous dash’s of The Spice Suite’s Savory Citrus Blend and Spicy Citrus Blend
-2 Tbsp of Coconut Balsamic Vinegar (Also found at the Spice Suite)
-1 bag of Baby Spinach
-1/2 of a medium yellow bell pepper, diced
-1/2 of a medium orange bell pepper, diced
-1 small yellow onion, diced
-1 Tsp of fresh minced garlic
-2 Tbsp of grass fed butter, divided
-1/3 c of Heavy Whipping Cream
-2 Tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
-2-3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
-A cast iron or non stick skillet
- In a food processor, add cubed salmon, jerk aioli, and the two eggs. Blend until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- finely dice the yellow and orange peppers, then dice the onion. Add to the salmon mixture.
- Heat the coconut oil in the skillet.
- Using a ice cream scoop, add the mixture to a hot pan on medium heat.
- Do not excessively move the balls around. Wait 2-3 minutes before turning them over. The rule with meat is when it’s ready to be turn, it will easily separate from the pan. If it doesn’t, it’s not ready.
- Turn the balls over. They should be bown and golden. Add the coconut vinegar to deglaze the pan. (Brace yourself, it smells AMAZING)
- After 2-3 minutes, add the baby spinach to the pan. Place it on top of the meatballs. Allow it to wilt gently into the pot.
- Once the spinach has cooked down, add the butter and garlic. Use a utensil to gently incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the HWC and parmesan cheese. Continue to gently stir the ingredients.
- Allow the dish to simmer for 4-5 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Pour it over your favorite low carb noodle and enjoy!
The flavors of this dish have so much depth and complexity. Kudos to Angel for thinking of such a new and creative way to eat salmon! I can’t wait to make more in the near future.
What do you guys think? What would you add or take away?
Sincerely, I am,
The Keto Teacher Bae